On 02/27/13 17:53, Daniel Frey wrote:
On 02/26/2013 07:18 PM, Joseph wrote:
I'm running Nvidia driver: 310.32 with my GeForce GTS 450 kernle-3.1.6

but I've noticed it freezes my screen once a day or ever second day.
Mouse is moving but no icon is responding, nor can I use the keyboard
(all frozen).

I can login to the system over ssh.  I've tried to restart/zap "xdm" it
doesn't help.
What else can I do to restart "X"?

If downgrading nvidia-drivers doesn't help check your power supply. My
computer exhibited this issue a while back because the voltages went all
wonky and the hardware really didn't like it - I could still ssh in from
my tablet but the entire computer appeared frozen.

If I just ran at the console (ie not starting X) the computer would work
fine all day.

I don't know what nvidia card you have but mine requires two extra power
connectors but the PSU just couldn't supply enough power to keep the GPU
stable.

Dan

I have a: GeForce GTS 450
It was flawless until recent upgrade; I don't suspect power supply.
It only freeze on me two times and right after upgrade; the last time was when I hit a link in thunder-bird email client but I think it has happen when I open a link in firefox as well (don't remember).
I'll keep monitoring it.  I did not upgrade the kernel only the nvidia driver.

--
Joseph