On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 08:17 +0000, Mick wrote:
> Stating the obvious, it seems that the kernel is struggling and indeed
> you may
> have come across some nasty kernel bug.  However, it could well be
> that it is
> not related to the kernel you're running, or your kernel config.  It
> could be
> a problem with the power supply being faulty and causing these lock
> ups.
>
> Unless someone else comes up with a better idea to troubleshoot it
> further, I
> would consider replacing the power supply with another of a known
> good
> condition.

Thanks for the good advice Mick.  I don't have spare hardware on-tap so
switching psu, memory or processor may prove to be tricky.  It's one of
those catch 22's where I don't want to spend on components that aren't
faulty, however I need to spend on components to test if they're faulty.

I've been given a few other test to perform before I start moving to
hardware replacement.

Regards,
Carlos