»Q« wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 16:54:37 +0000
> Stroller <strol...@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Cores or CPUs.. in this context it's *almost*, __NOT EXACTLY__ same.
>> Which is exactly what was so twitch inducing!
> Whatever you do, don't read the first sentence at
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-core_processor>.

Especially this FIRST part:

"A *multi-core processor* is a single computing
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computing> component . . ."

So, it is a SINGLE component.  To me, CPUs means having more than one
CPU component, such as dual CPUs or even quad CPUs which used to be
fairly common.

I have a single CPU computer.  It has 4 cores but a single CPU.  I hope
to upgrade one day to a 8 core CPU.  I'll still have a single CPU
component installed tho.

This is getting really funny.  ROFL  You can tell when the list is
getting slow when we start parsing each word and each words meaning.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!