Am 02.04.2013 15:06, schrieb Mick:
> On Tuesday 02 Apr 2013 13:13:26 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>> Modem Type = Analog Modem
> Are you sure it is an analogue modem?  Is this entry needed?

Dunno. Removed. No difference.

> The driver should create a number of devices,
> ttyUSB0/ttyUSB1/ttyUSB2/...  Try them all in turn, only some may
> allow PPP connections.

Checked that before, only ttyUSB0 "speaks to me" as a modem.

>> Baud = 9600
>
> Unless you are just trying to dial out over a PSTN number (which
> you are not) you should be able to increase the baud to a higher
> number; e.g. 115200

This was detected by wvdialconf.

> Did you get anything more detailed in your logs?
>
> Do you have a pap-secrets file even if empty?  If not:
>
> touch /etc/ppp/pap-secrets; chmod 600 /etc/ppp/pap-secrets
>
> If it still fails try adding something like this:
>
> # Secrets for authentication using PAP # client        server
> secret                  IP addresses "user"  *       ""

pap-secrets exists and contains the credentials I entered in
wvdial.conf (or was set via NM before maybe?).

> HOWEVER ...
>
> I thought that the whole idea is to use this modem to connect on a
> 4G (LTE) network ... yes?

That is the goal, right!

> In which case PPP is not the correct protocol.  If this Huawei is
> using Qualcomm chipset you should be using the qmi protocol and the
> cdc_ncm driver ought to do all the dialling using this device (from
> your dmesg):
>
> [22765.769603] cdc_ncm 1-1.1:1.1 wwan0: register 'cdc_ncm' at
> usb-0000:00:1a.0-1.1, Mobile Broadband Network Device,
> 0c:5b:8f:27:9a:64
>
> Other driver/protocols that can achieve high speeds of 4G are
> cdc-ether, cdc- acm, but your card ought to pick out the correct
> available protocol from the corresponding kernel module.  PPP
> incurs an overhead (due to packet encapsulation) and throughput
> speeds will be slower.

Your mentioned thread says:

> Huawei E3276 does not have QMI interface so that cdc-wdm +
> qmi_wwan is not working on this device.  I tried to use Huawei
> hw_cdc_driver and cdc_ncm driver on Huawei E3276.  Both drivers are
> working good.

see
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libqmi-devel/2012-November/000310.html

So I am back on cdc_ncm now. And I removed all the stuff I installed
when testing that huawei-driver-package.

Rather hard to solve ...