On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 09:38:23 -0400, Nick Khamis wrote:

> Double checking the udevd version we are running 171. Not sure if we
> should be effected yet? I confess, I did a world upgrade and walked
> away. For some reason it was stuck on ipr.h for some apache related
> package, which was odd since apache is not installed on the machine.
> I reset the system and poof!!!! Here I am at the co-location on Sunday
> at 9:00am.
> Serves me right I guess.....
>
> I double checked. When deleting 70-something rules and restarting the
> machine they get regenerated.

That's how udev-171 was supposed to work. You need to update to 200 then
delete the file and it will stay deleted.

You really need to read the news item and associated page CAREFULLY, then
work through them CAREFULLY and the upgrade should do just what you want.

udev, or whatever device manager you choose, is a critical system
component, not the sort of thing you should leave to update itself
without reading the instructions, especially on a remote server.

--
Neil Bothwick

MICROSOFT: Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
Teenagers