On Wed, April 17, 2013 22:20, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On 17/04/2013 22:14, Joseph wrote:

>>> I have absolutely no idea - only one of us can look at your computer
>>> screen and run debugging commands, and it isn't me.
>>>
>>> If you want help on this list, it's traditional to supply up front
>>> relevant information that will let people help you. You left this step
>>> out.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Alan McKinnon
>>> alan.mckin...@gmail.com
>>
>> OK, I'm getting somewhere.
>> After starting "evince" from command line I can print to pdf file; but
>> only when starting it from a desktop I'm getting this error.
>>  Error printing - Operation not supported
>

> You are still not giving much in the way of information, and you are
> still getting replies from people that basically say "Well, gee, I dunno
> what the problem is, but try this $RANDOM_MAGIC_SAUCE"

And it's this kind of response that makes the Ubuntu forums useless ;)

> It's an exercise in throwing shit at a wall and hoping some of it sticks.

Nice analogy...

> So, it used to work. Now it doesn't work.
> Something changed in between.
> You need to provide the information to find what changed, no-one else
> can. And it doesn't help repeating the error message you get, we already
> know that.

I agree, like actually provide more information when you mention that
after using $$RANDOM_TOOL it doesn't work on another system either.
In these cases, knowing what $$RANDOM_TOOL actually ended up doing would
really help.

--
Joost Roeleveld