Am 21.04.2013 18:32, schrieb Randy Barlow:
On Sun, 2013-04-21 at 12:15 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
But I've found lots of opinions that using LVM in a virtualized
environment can lead to data corruption, and if this is true, I'd rather
not risk it...

So, LVM or not?

This is surprising to me, because at my former employer we used LVM for
all of our virtual machines in Xen. It performed quite well, and we
never experienced any data loss due to that setup. LVM gives a lot of
flexibility in managing virtual machines, so I'd highly recommend it.

I believe LVM devices can be passed to KVM guests as well, though I have
never personally tried that.

Correct, in almost every case where I set up a VM Host, I use LVM to manage the "disks" that the guests will get.