On 2013-04-20 11:00 AM, Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> wrote:
Another question - are there any caveats as to which filesystem to use
for a mail server, for virtualized systems?

Ok, googling reveals lots of conflicting opinions about using LVM in a VM environment.

I was wanting to use it mainly for its snapshot ability (to get consistent backups of my mailstore and mysql DBs).

Also it would be very nice to be able to resize things if needed (I have adequate storage available).

But I've found lots of opinions that using LVM in a virtualized environment can lead to data corruption, and if this is true, I'd rather not risk it...

So, LVM or not?