Alan McKinnon wrote:
> I get a similar issue, my video card is an ATI and I use the radeon
> drivers. Same symptom as you - plasma stops updating it's widgets like
> clocks and stops responding to the mouse. Keyboard works. In my case,
> it's usually linked to nfs and smb mounts that went away (eg, if I
> forget to umount my NFS media server at home and go to work) which
> indicates a blocking issue somehow. I've read many reports on the
> internet that krunner is somehow involved, so that might be a good
> starting point for investigation. krunner is the thing you get in KDE
> when typing Alt-F2

So this may not be a nvidia issue at all since you get the same with a
ATI card.  Right?

What package provides the kicker thingy?  I think in KDE3 it was called
kicker but it appears to have changed to something else.  Is that
krunner that has it now?

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!