Hi Matt,
on Wednesday, 2005-08-31 at 17:28:21, you wrote:
> Anyway, I was just hoping to start a "pub"-style conversation on
> what people like/disklike in a window manager.

It's been XFCE here for a while. When I ran NetBSD years ago, nothing
but fvwm would run at decent speed (not that there had been much
choice), so I used this for a while. Then it was Linux/KDE for a while
on a 486, which was quite a pain. When I discovered Gnome, I liked the
clean look of GTK and its speed. Version 2 annoyed me because everything
got fatter and had less features than the 1.x version, but I stuck with
it out of inertia, it was well configured and all...
XFCE is for me what Gnome used to be: slim and fast, a clean look and
just as many knobs to tweak as I need but no more.
Now, WMII looks interesting as well. Unlikely I'm going to switch but
I'll have a look at it.

cheers!
        Matthias

--
I prefer encrypted and signed messages.       KeyID: 90CF8389
Fingerprint: 8E 1F 10 81 A4 66 29 46  B9 8A B9 E2 09 9F 3B 91