Thanasis <thana...@asyr.hopto.org> wrote:

> So, if I understand correctly, I _don't_ need any settings, and I should
> remove both KEEP_VIRTUALS and REMOTE_DEFAULT, and just use the -R option

You don't need KEEP_VIRTUALS.
Whether you prefer REMOTE_DEFAULT or not is up to you.

This has nothing to do with the necessity to call "eix-remote add"
after eix-sync: Otherwise your local portage tree will not get
"pushed" to the remote database /var/cache/eix/remote.eix

If you do not use REMOTE_DEFAULT, it is only less likely
that you will notice this since you will then see the outdated
local data only if you use -R  ;)