On 7/5/2013 11:12 PM, Dale wrote:
I since did some googling and it seems I am right and he just thought I
was some know nothing guy he could sell some service too.  Anyway, has
anything changed to make Linux more prone to viruses than it used to
be?  I read a percentage somewhere that said like 99% of viruses are
windoze only.  Is there a indisputable source of information on this?

Linux is inherently more secure than Windows, but it isn't so much more secure that only 1% of all viruses can attack it. Virus developers don't have a financial incentive to develop Linux viruses (not enough Linux users, most Linux users knowledgeable about computers, and moral reasons).

--
Timur Aydin