On 22 July 2013 15:35, Philip Webb <purs...@ca.inter.net> wrote:
> 130722 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>> gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.8.4   requires systemd
>> sys-auth/consolekit-0.4.6                cannot coexist with systemd
>> but many packages depend on sys-auth/consolekit :
>> How did you resolve this conflict?
>
> Don't use Gnome.  I've been using Fluxbox for years :
> it's simple, highly configurable & quite adequate for everyday work ;
> you can use apps from KDE or Xfce, as you please.

If somebody has to use gnome? For example, here is my girlfriend who
has a Gentoo system with Unity on her laptop. She uses Evolution on
daily basis. As I experienced not possible to install Evolution
without gnome USE flag. In this case what is the proper solution?

--
--  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --
http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi