On Thursday 25 July 2013 Douglas J Hunley wrote
<stefano.cro...@alice.it>wrote:
> > There are a few bugs regarding this issue, for example: 472938, 476992 and
> > 477214. If I understand things correctly, all installed modules are
> > enabled,
> > but they're loaded "on-demand" (I guess this means the first time they're
> > used, but I'm not sure). The way suggested in one of these bugs to have a
> > working autocompletion is to source
> > /usr/share/bash-completion/bash_completion
> > from you .bashrc file.
> >
> > Stefano
>
> I agree w/ the user in 477214. This is completely broken. And the lack of
> notice to the user post-emerge on how to set things up 'the new way' is
> infuriating. Guess I'll add this to my 'check back in 6 months to see if
> they've got it sorted' list
>
> Thanks Stefano
>
> --
> Douglas J Hunley (doug.hun...@gmail.com)
> Twitter: @hunleyd                                               Web:
> douglasjhunley.com
> G+: http://goo.gl/sajR3

I agree with you about the lack of a post-emerge message! I spent at least one
hour the other day trying to understand why suddenly bash completion wasn't
working anymore. I think all of this is still a work in progress, however,
since the eselect package still installs the man page for the bashcomp module
(bashcomp.eselect)!

Stefano