On 28/07/2013 18:47, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

>>> Yes we learned this trick a month or two ago.
>>
>> Apparently, not all of us.
>
> And apparently not even the Gentoo dev who put that message in the
> ebuild :-)

I'm still stumped about what this change is for or what it does.
And I've read all the bugs, all the posts here - still stumped.

I get a sense that it somehow has something to do with

make the ebuild $MORE_CLOSELY resemble the $BEHAVIOUR of $UPSTREAM_DEFAULT

Note the variables :-)

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com