On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Daniel Campbell <li...@sporkbox.us> wrote:
> It's fairly obvious (to me, anyway) that anything mounting a filesystem
> and making it available is system-critical. I run samba and don't need
> it for boot, but like you said, someone may need that. I wouldn't see a
> problem with smbmount being in /bin. FUSE deserves similar treatment.
> LVM's another that probably deserves special treatment.

If you allow FUSE you've already failed, because arbitrary programs can
be required by FUSE filesystems. Suddenly your ssh client should be pushed
to /, or your telnet, or rsync, or ftp.
--
This email is:    [ ] actionable   [x] fyi        [ ] social
Response needed:  [ ] yes          [x] up to you  [ ] no