On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 08:11:48PM +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> Am 08.10.2013 02:03, schrieb walt:
> > On 09/29/2013 04:58 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> >
> >> As much as I hate systemd
> > My Alzheimer's prevents me from remembering your reasons for hating systemd.
> > Would you *very* briefly refresh my memory, please?
> >

> simple: one tool to do one job. text output to pipe into other tools.
> Small is better.

I'm not a strong systemd hater or anything, but this is my concern
about the way it is designed as well; process 1 is way too complex.

There is some interest in s6 [1], which is now in ~arch on amd64 and
x86. It seems to be a pretty simple design.

We haven't written anything for it yet, but it may be able to be
integrated into OpenRC to provide service supervision, which is the main
feature systemd offers, in my opinion, which we do not have in our
current OpenRC setup.

William

[1] http://www.skarnet.org/software/s6