Hi All,

I haven't had to set up a software RAID for years and now.  I want to set up
two RAID 1 arrays on a new file server to serve SBM to MSWindows clients.  The
first RAID1 having two disks, where a multipartition OS installation will take
place.  The second RAID1 having two disks for a single data partition.

From what I recall I used mdadm with --auto=mdp, to create a RAID1 from 2
disks, before I used fdisk to partition the new /dev/md0 as necessary.  All
this is lost in the fog of time.  Now I read that these days udev names the
devices/partitions, so I am not sure what the implication of this is and how
to proceed.

What is current practice?  Create multiple /dev/mdXs for the OS partitions I
would want and then stick a fs on each one, or create one /dev/md0 which
thereafter is formatted with multiple partitions?  Grateful for any pointers
to resolve my confusion.
--
Regards,
Mick