William Kenworthy wrote:
> On 21/10/13 07:52, Dale wrote:
>> Edward M wrote:
>>>            Hello,
>>>

>>>         Have you tried booting into a linux distro that offers a
>>> recent  live cd to see
>>>         if that distro  can properly detect and load the needed
>>> drivers?  And If they work, then you can find out which drivers were
>>> loaded.
>>>

>> I did once before and it failed to boot with a error.  I didn't write it
>> down.  I may try that later on tho.  I have since updated sysrescue.
>> While it is not like I want it, the mouse does move when I poke it.  lol
>>
>> Thanks for the reminder tho.  I'll post results when I try it.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)
>>
> sysrescuecd is gentoo based ... try ubuntu or linuxmint to provide a
> better "spread" of capabilities.
>
> Have you checked the bios for usb parameters (i.e., defaults to off, or
> wrong mode?) - whats on offer "in" the bios may not be the same as when
> you exit it.
>
> Billk

I rebooted and the newest sysrescue still wouldn't boot up.  It says it
can't find /sysrcd.dat which I think is caused because it can't use the
USB port that the sysrescue stick is plugged into.  So, I booted Knoppix
instead from DVD.  Success.  I got a list of drivers from lspci and plan
to research them and see if I am missing something.  If not, I may just
start with a fresh config and see if that helps.

At least the mobo is working tho.  That's a good thing.  It's a start at
least.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!