J. Roeleveld wrote:
> Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Dale wrote:
>

>     Update.  I did some googling and found out that I have to add "
>     iommu=pt" to the kernel command line.  When I do that, it works fine.
>     It seems that this mobo doesn't play
>     well with 64 bit Linux.  Some even
>     said it appears to be a windoze only mobo.  So, my question is this.  I
>     just spent $120 on a mobo that it appears it doesn't work up to its full
>     value.  Should I swap this mobo for another board, brand to most likely,
>     and be done with it?  I like my last Gigabyte mobo but if this one isn't
>     going to support what I use, maybe I need to rethink this selection.
>
>     What are the thoughts of some mobo gurus?   I bought it from newegg so
>     return shouldn't be to big of a issue if I get this started pretty
>     soon.  I'll check for BIOS updates but the posts I found said it didn't
>     help a bit.
>
>     Thoughts?
>
>     Dale
>
>     :-)  :-)
>

> Of the general consensus is that it is a ms windows only board. Then I
> would return it.
>
> I have had good experiences with ASUS and Tyan boards. The latter are
> more expensive, but Tyan does officially support Linux. (The Linux
> driver section is as easy to find as the ms windows driver section.)
>
> --
> Joost
> --

I have heard good things about both brands.  If I end up switching,
those two are certainly options I like.  I don't caare about the flashy
stuff, I just want solid performance with years of service.  Save all
the fancy/flashy stuff for those that like a light show.  I just want
one that works very well with Linux.  I could care less about windoze.
None of my rigs will ever see windoze.  lol

Thanks for the opinion and recommendation as well.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!