On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 10:54:05PM -0500, Dale wrote:
> William Kenworthy wrote:
> > On 21/10/13 11:09, Dale wrote:
> >>
> >> I rebooted and the newest sysrescue still wouldn't boot up.  It says it
> >> can't find /sysrcd.dat which I think is caused because it can't use the
> >> USB port that the sysrescue stick is plugged into.

That is from the kernel which you already loaded from USB. It just can't
find the root filesystem which can have different causes (not necessarily
hardware). I have the same problem nowadays with my Gentoo-based USB linux
that I built for myself.

> Well, I have enabled everything I could find from the Knoppix test and
> it still does not work.  I'm likely going to just try to config a kernel
> from scratch later on.  That or go back to the one from my old mobo and
> just change the chipset.  See if that works.

I don't remember having read at all what kind of board(s) you have.
Brand? Type?

--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.

Which animal can add?  An Octoplus.