On 10/28/2013 02:52 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Since quite a while ago (months), acroread stopped working. It won't
> start up at all. No error messages are shown. It just aborts. No
> window is showing up.
>
> Anyone else having this problem? I'm on ~amd64.

I just installed acroread on ~amd64 (a virtualbox guest) and it works
as expected (the dreaded WFM reply).

I noticed that acroread is a 32-bit app and several emul-linux-x86-*
packages were installed as dependencies.

How are you starting acroread?  Clicking on a pdf file in a gui file
manager, or from a command prompt, or...?