On 10/29/2013 13:47, Jarry wrote:
Hi Gentoo-users,
I noticed strange message during boot-up of one of my servers:
As you see, syslog-ng can not open conection to remote syslog
collector. Reason seems to be quite clear: at the time when
syslog-ng starts, enp3s0 interface is not up (only loopback).
I do not know how this happened, but I think it has something
to do with either sendmail, clamav, or dovecot.

This is boot-up of my other server (syslog-collector) where
neither sendmail nor clamav is installed. As you can see,
boot-up order is correct (network interface before syslog-ng):
So how can I fix it on the 1st server, so that syslog-ng starts
after network interface is up?

Jarry

I would probably fix this by adding

rc_need="net"