On 10/30/2013 04:44:02 PM, Andrew Lowe wrote:
Hi all,
I've just installed the video tool avidemux but when I load a video, the video loads, but there is no sound. A Google search offered a remedy
which required opening the preferences dialogue box. I attempted to do
this, but low and behold, no dialogue box will open. Further
investigation reveals that File->Open, File->Save, File->Information and
more don't display their dialogue boxes.

Hi Andrew,
I'm using version 2.6.5-r1  avidemux3_qt4  on ~amd64
AFAIR the maintainer of avidemux has given up gtk support.

It works just fine,

Helmut.