On 9/6/2005 8:49 PM W.Kenworthy wrote:

The module thats responsible for /dev/input/mouse0 creates the node when it
loads via udev: is the modules loaded?  /dev/mouse is usually (on
I come from the FreeBSD world and thus, I'm a linux newb. Sorry for the simple questions. What module should I look for? How can I check to see if it's loaded?

newer systems) a symlink to /dev/input/mouse0 if it
exists.  /dev/input/mice is a concentrator.  i.e., on my laptop I have a
ps2 mouse (actually the gspot/touchpad) and a plugged in usb mouse.  All
three work through /dev/input/mice at the same time.  Individually they
are accessed via /dev/input/mouseX.
Thanks for the explanation.

To test try "cat /dev/input/mice" and move the mouse - rubbish will
print to terminal if its working.  CTRL-C to exit.

No rubbish.  Not working.

Thanks for your help.

Drew

--