On Wednesday 11 Dec 2013 21:04:00 Mick wrote:

> Let me get this right, if I set 'kde-base/kdeutils-meta -cups' I will still
> be able to print from kde applications?

Here, the K menu item "Manage Printing" opens a CUPS web page, specifically
localhost:631. It's a bog-standard CUPS interface, with no need of KDE
complications. There's no printer entry in system settings. I often print a
spreadsheet from LibreOffice without problems.

So yes, other things being equal, you will. In any case, why not try it and
see? You can revert easily enough if you hit a problem.

--
Regards
Peter