Selamlar,

On 12/23/13 18:01, Timur Aydin wrote:
> On 12/23/13 17:55, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
>> On 12/23/2013 07:47 AM, Timur Aydin wrote:
>>> Hello everybody,
>>>
>>> I have a gentoo linux PC at home that I am using as my internet gateway.
>>> It is also running a web server and a mail server with a static IP.
>>> Everything is working fine.
>>>
>>> Now I have installed a VPN server on this system (OpenVPN) and I am
>>> using a VPN service provider to get a USA IP address.
>> Can you give us a better idea of what is running where? Who is the VPN
>> client, who is the server, what are the IP addresses, hostnames, etc?
>>

> I am located in Turkey. The VPN service provider is
> http://www.strongvpn.com and they have servers all over the world. I am
> using their server located in New York. Once I establish the SSL VPN
> tunnel, the NY server effectively becomes my internet gateway. I need to
> do this to get around websites that impose geographical restrictions on
> their service (example, netflix.com, pandora.com). With the tunnel, I
> look like I am located in NY and the website has no way of knowing that
> I am in Turkey.
>
> Regarding IP address, do you mean the USA IP address I receive from the
> VPN service provider or my ISP assigned static IP?

Note that as we don't have actual data, the following is mostly
speculation:

Once the VPN connection is established, among the routes pushed by your
OpenVPN provider is also a default gateway entry which routes every
non-local packet through the vpn.

Your daemons at home receive a packet via your static Turkish address
but, because you got your default gw configured to be your vpn provider,
the response packet goes through NY. Due to reverse-path filtering or
some other fact of nature, it's dropped somewhere along the way.

If that's the case (big if :)), here's what you need to do:
http://lartc.org/lartc.html#AEN267

Hope that helps.

Best,
Burak