Am 03.01.2014 15:07, schrieb Alan McKinnon:

> I'd like to see the results of any benchmarks you do with BFQ on VMs

If we run BFQ on the host (as it runs SSDs and HDDs and we want it to be
snappy) this would maybe mean that in the VMs we need Noop ?

In the IBM-pdf "Best practices for KVM" they tell me to

"use the Deadline I/O scheduler on the KVM host and guest operating
systems for I/O-bound workloads on enterprise storage systems."

But they don't mention BFQ at all.

I can test here on my systems as soon as I find the time and the brains
... or on an upcoming server I will setup within the next weeks for a
customer.

Stefan