Am 03.01.2014 23:14, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

> currently fiddling with my thinkpad hanging at boot ... so still no BFQ
> for that laptop ... :-(

I don't get it. My thinkpad hangs repeatedly a booting and I don't
really know how to spot the reason.

As you may remember I run systemd as init-system ... with
gentoo-sources-3.12.6 it boots at least more often than with
USE=experimental ... dunno if it is related to BFQ.

I had those hangs before as well ... for a while I assumed it was
related to the flushing of the systemd-journal but it was not. I even
had masked the flushing but it didn't help.

Maybe I should mask the lvm-stuff as well, maybe I even don't need it at
all? Is it necessary for encrypted partitions as well (sorry for that
stupid q)? I don't have PVs/VGs/LVs on that one small SSD here .... I
just let lvm2 there because I didn't want to break things.

Stefan