On 01/20/14 19:49, Alan McKinnon wrote:
On 01/20/14 19:41, Joseph wrote:
On 01/20/14 18:20, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
[snip]

Hi,

I have the same permissions and VirtualBox (4.3.6) runs just fine.
VirtualBox is picky about the permission of the hard-disk image (VDI
file)
There it likes group vboxusers and group r/w permissions.

Helmut

Maybe I should recomplile VirtualBox after upgrading to "systemd"

That's worth a try - our devs don't make a habit of leaving you with
broken systems they they didn't test :-)

IOW, the software probably does work correctly out the box when built in
the right order and etc-update run.

we can look deeper into udev if that step doesn't work out

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com

I recompile the VirtualBox-bin but it doesn't help it still complain about the
/dev/ttyS0 access
and upon rebooting the /dev/ttyS0 has permission and ownership as:
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 64 Jan 20 19:14 /dev/ttyS0

and it should be uucp:dialout (666)

What is confusing me is that on one box systemd is upon reboot make /dev/ttyS0:
crw-rw-rw- 1 uucp dialout 4, 64 Jan 20 14:30 /dev/ttyS0

and on another box it wirtes:
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 64 Jan 20 19:14 /dev/ttyS0

I don't remember writing any rules for ttyS0

--
Joseph