On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:43:51 +0200, pat wrote:

> Yes, it does, but the "world" doesn't contains all installed
> applications.

It contains all the applications you have explicitly installed, the rest
should be dependencies of these, so will be picked up by --emptytree. You
may have some orphaned dependencies lying around, which depclean will
pick up.

> I've tryed to --emptytree flag but still missing some installed
> applications :-(

You don't really need to rebuild the whole system. Rebuilding glibc will
take care of your changed locales, and --newuse will handle the changed
USE flags. I would do

emerge -av glibc
emerge -uavDN world
emerge -a depclean

Check the packages that depclean wants to remove. If there are any you
want to keep, add them to world with

emerge -n packagename

Let depclean remove the rest and your system should be up to date and
consistent with your settings. The only time you would need to use
--emptytree is if you have changed CFLAGS or LDFLAGS, in which case, you
should do it after carrying out the above steps.

--
Neil Bothwick

"Apple I" (c) Copyright 1767, Sir Isaac Newton.