Am 30.03.2014 14:40, schrieb Heiko Baums:

> The newest: gentoo-sources-3.13.7 and nvidia-drivers-334.21-r1.
>
> I've installed nvidia-drivers with USE="X acpi multilib tools uvm
> -pax_kernel".
>
> Had to add the USE flag uvm to get it working. And I reconfigured acpi
> in the kernel config. But I had some acpi features in my kernel I
> didn't need for my hardware anyway, which I removed. I don't know if
> this was necessary for nvidia-drivers to get working.
>
> As framebuffer driver I've compiled the kernel with CONFIG_FB_VESA=y.
>
> The USE flag multililb is, of course, only necessary if you need it.

Thanks a lot, very helpful. I followed your suggestions and run gnome
now successfully with both the latest (stable) kernel and nvidia-drivers.

USE-flag acpi ... I don't know if I still need that with systemd, I
vaguely remember that it is somehow obsolete then. It pulled in
sys-power/acpid now which wasn't there before.

And /usr/lib64/systemd/system/acpid.service is disabled, so I might test
removing it again.

USE multilib: I don't know? Could someone point out what I could need
that for?

Thanks anyway, Stefan