On Saturday 17 May 2014 02:17:17 Dale wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I'm curious.  I'm sure there are some older folks on here that have eyes
> that are not in the best of shape.  Mine are not real good even with
> glasses.  My question is, what font is the easiest to read for folks
> with bad eyes?  In other words, for you folks who can't see good, what
> font do you use?
>
> I'm just curious.  Just reply and let me know what you use.  I think I
> need to change mine to something better.

I'm glad you asked, Dale. I've been meaning to go a-searching fonts for some
time and now you've prompted me into it.

So far I've found these to be acceptable:

        Liberation Sans
        Bitstream Vera Sans
        Clockopia
        DejaVu Sans
        Droid Sans
        Free Sans
        Trebuchet MS
        URW Gothic L
        Verdana

That last one, I believe, was designed by M$ for use in web pages.

I'll spend some time with each of them and find which I like best. You'll
notice that they're all sans-serif. That's because I believe serif fonts need
a higher pixel density than most screens have, and that's why they work well
when printed on paper but not here.

Hope that hasn't muddied the waters even more!

--
Regards
Peter