John Campbell wrote:
> On 06/14/2014 07:10 PM, Dale wrote:
>
>> I don't have a env directory in /etc/portage and there is no
>> openjpeg-1.3-r2 available in the tree.  I sort of think I know what you
>> are talking about tho.  I need to create that directory structure for
>> openjpeg-1.4-r1 and put ABI_X86="32 x32" in the file.
>
> Sorry, I mistyped the version number.

Ahh.  I was curious and thought about that.  That version is mentioned
in the error tho so I wasn't sure.  I wonder tho, can I add that file
and not have a version at all?   Sort of like I do in package.keywords
etc etc.

>> My question is,
>> will this eventually be fixed in the tree and the error go away?  I've
>> never put anything in the env directory before and would prefer to keep
>> it that way because I will forget it is there and it will come back and
>> bite me some day.  Ask anyone here.  lol
>
> I doubt it.  Having two different 64bit ABIs isn't a normal use case.
> I have 8gig of memory, on my system, so I have set it globally as
> ABI_X64="32 64" in /etc/make.conf.  It just wasn't worth the hassle
> for the smaller memory footprint x32 provides.

Well, I have 16Gbs here.  I'm not lacking for memory.  If memory prices
were to drop a bit, I could upgrade some more.  I'd have to swap out
what I have tho.  Old mobo would only take 4GB sticks and this new one
will take 8GB sticks.

>> Now I see why the error didn't make any sense to me.  I usually look for
>> something like a USE flag conflict or something.  I don't recall ever
>> running into a 64/32 bit thingy before.  O_O
>
> There seems to be an upheaval in the emul-linux-x32 libraries going
> on, and a lot of packages are adding/subtracting the ABI_X86 options.
> It's going to be a mess for a while.

Yeppie.  Not!!

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!