On 2014-06-27, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 14:22:09 +0100, Mick wrote:
>
>>> You tell cron where to mail reports by setting MAILTO=you@wherever at
>>> the top of /etc/crontab. It will then mail you every time a cronjob
>>> produces output.
>>
>> Or complete the /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf and revaliases with the info I
>> have sent you in this thread and set MAILTO=root in your
>> /etc/crontab.
>>
>> I would think that your ISP providers in the US will be blocking
>> outgoing port 25 to stop compromised MSWindows machines spamming the
>> rest of us.  If you use my suggestion there shouldn't be a problem.
>
> It makes no difference whether you address it directly to your ISP
> address or via an alias. The ISP won't block port 25 connections to
> its own servers from its own customers, otherwise none of them could
> send email at all!

They _might_ block port 25 and require you to use SMTP/SSL on port
465.  More likely, they would still allow an initial plaintext
connection to port 25 and require use of the starttls command.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I wonder if I could
                                  at               ever get started in the