On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Grant Edwards
<grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> They _might_ block port 25 and require you to use SMTP/SSL on port
> 465.  More likely, they would still allow an initial plaintext
> connection to port 25 and require use of the starttls command.

Check with your ISP.  The rules vary.

I have Verizon FIOS and I'm pretty sure they block port 25 from their
own customers regardless of TLS.  I guess that must means the virus
writers have to write an extra 5 lines of code to extract the password
from the configuration of whatever email software is in use...

Rich