>Are you in the process of switching to hardened right now? Why are you
rebuilding glibc and gcc?

No, I set up my system as hardened. They originally got rebuilt (and I
noticed the failure) when I set up a package set for running some games
(using the steam client) and rebuilt the package set. They are the packages
listed here: http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Steam.

>The file you sent would have been half the size, if you'll excuse me
nagging, if you'd sent it in plaintext, rather than HTML.

Did something strange happen? I figured the code blocks would just be
surrounded by
styling tags. Sorry about that.