It looks like your MAKEOPTS that you set before the command isn't
respected; I see 'make -j8' all through the build log, resulting in make
trying to run something that's still being built.

Regardless of whether or not this has been a problem in the past, can
you try setting MAKEOPTS in make.conf to either "" or "-j1"?

Also, I saw a warning that you had an incompatible version of autoconf,
which may (who really knows?) cause the parallel build failure.

Hope this helps,

Alec