On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 5:48 PM, Peter Humphrey <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk>
wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 July 2014 15:38:42 Adam Carter wrote:
> > Here's what i get;
> >
> /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/wxGTK-2.8.12.1-r1/work/wxPython-src-2.8.12.1/src/u
> > nix/threadpsx.cpp:51:24: fatal error: thread.h: No such file or directory
> > make: *** [basedll_threadpsx.o] Error 1
> >
> > Any ideas? Would thread.h be supplied by another package? linux-headers
> > doesnt have it.
>
> I sometimes find this error coming from multi-thread compilation. I fix it
> by
> prepending the emerge command with MAKEOPTS="-j1". You could try that.

I always try -j1 when anything fails to avoid troubling the list, however
it didnt help in this case. Did you suspect that thread.h is generated by
the package build process, or is there some other reason why parallel build
could cause this problem? AFAIK header files are not generated. I would
have guessed its a path problem or missing dependency.