On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 8:12 AM, Peter Humphrey <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> On Friday 01 August 2014 14:07:08 I wrote:
>
>> I run a couple of chroots on this box to build packages for other boxes on
>> the LAN. So far, I haven't worked out what I should populate /etc/mtab with
>> in each chroot. Is it enough to "grep ext4 /etc/mtab >
>> /mnt/chroot/etc/mtab"? That catches all the physical partitions, but I
>> imagine I need to add some /proc, /sys and /dev entries as well, but is
>> there a simple formula for doing this?
>
> I meant to add that one chroot is 32-bit and the other is 64. The host is an
> i5 running openrc.

As Rich already pointed out, just make /etc/mtab a symlink from
/proc/self/mounts. If there is more mount points there than the ones
you need, grep -v'd them.

And just for completeness, systemd actually requires /etc/mtab as a
link to /proc/self/mounts, so don't be surprised if software in the
future in Linux just assumes that.

Saludos.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias