On 01/08/2014 20:17, James wrote:
> Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> New job, new environment. Existing persons suffer from
>> 5-year-old-with-a-hammer syndrome and assume cron is the solution to all
>> ills. Result: a towering edifice of cron jobs that may or may not
>> clobber each other's work, may or may not work at all, and implement no
>> error handling at all. But my god, can they spew out mail from STOUT
>
> Sounds like a department full of computer scientist I inherited a few
> decades ago...........

I've met folks like that....
Brilliant in their chosen field but completely useless outside it? The
kind of fellows who see nothing wrong with eating a barbeque'd steak
with a spoon because they can get a result?

> I know nothing bout chronos, but I find it an interesting read....ymmv.
>

> http://nerds.airbnb.com/introducing-chronos/
> http://airbnb.github.io/chronos/
> https://github.com/airbnb/chronos

Aaaaaaaah, now this sounds like something I can use. Proper dependency
chains, Restful JSON interface so the devs can write code to drive it in
automation.

Good find, thanks!

--
Alan McKinnon