On Thursday 28 August 2014 16:56:57 Joseph wrote:

> How about SSD they are not that much more?  Will it withstand Gentoo
> compilations :-) ?

I put a SanDisk SSD in my little Atom LAN server when its 2.5" disk failed.
It's too early yet too offer an opinion on reliability, but my preparatory
reading suggested it should be about average.

I have a 32-bit chroot on my workstation to build packages for it, so it only
has to run emerge -k. I did this because the poor little Atom isn't up to
massive compilation tasks. Not in a reasonable time, anyway.

--
Regards
Peter