On Sat, 6 Sep 2014 14:59:34 +0200, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:

> I already have a script hacked together with a gst-launch command,
> which is able to fetch the Full HD hardware encoded stream from
> the C920 and put it on the harddisk.
>
> But I failed in creating a script which allows me to simultanously
> watch the material which gets recorded just in the same moment.
>
> Is there any software or script or <fill in something appropiate here>
> which does this loop recording as described above AND is able to pull
> the Full HD stream correctly from the C920?

Have your script send the video stream to stdout and pipe it through tee,
which will both send it to a file and back to stdout, where your video
player is listening.

Have you actually tried using motion detection software? I don't know how
powerful your system is, but I have motion processing three SD
streams simultaneously with no significant CPU usage.

--
Neil Bothwick

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.