>> I'm trying to use one of these mini-PCIe storage devices:
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KWEA88
>>
>> in a Gigabyte Brix mini-computer but there isn't a /dev/sd* entry for
>> it and it isn't in lspci.  Any ideas?
>>

> This may be a silly question - if you have an early revision of one of
> these, does the BIOS even support an SSD in the mini-PCIe slot? Maybe
> there's a BIOS update? I see that the new revisions do in fact support
> mini-PCIe SSDs, but that doesn't mean earlier revisions do.

I just checked and I'm using BIOS version F2 which is the latest
available.  My hardware revision is v1.1.  It sounds like I may be out
of luck.  The device does have a SATA3 port but I was hoping not to
cram an entire 2.5" SSD in there to cut down on heat since it's
fanless.  Do I have any other options?

- Grant