On Monday 15 September 2014 13:02:01 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> Am 15.09.2014 um 10:31 schrieb the:
> > Outlawed. I love how this word is used in the same sentence
> > with "fortran".
>
> what is wrong with fortran?

Nothing. Especially if you still have an 80-hole card punch and reader lying
around  :-)

> > Second, major generation/simulation packages are
> > moving on to c++.
>
> and that is better why?

Has your career not shown you that newer is /always/ better? I used forever to
have young Turks proposing new ways of doing things, and I'd ask why change?
What will be better? Not once did I get a good answer - but the "improvement"
was always made anyway and called a "modernisation".

> > What about Perl?
>
> it is not a language. It is evil incarnated.

Or if it were to be called a language, it would be a write-only language.

--
Regards
Peter