Joseph <syscon780 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> After recent emerge I get few blockers, that I don't know what to do
> with it My box has not been updated for 3-months :-/

Joseph,

The problems with  perl updates are not new. It was discussed on this
list quite a bit the last few months. If your update cycle is more than
a few weeks, you are going to miss the relevant discussions on gentoo-user
that solve most of your issues; so maybe update your system weekly_ish?
(and browse gentoo-user).

> emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-lang/python:3.1".

" eselect  python list "

will show your current active version of python. Most all (stable) systems
have a version 2 (2.7) and version 3 (3.3) installed. I'm not
sure why your system did not upgrade 3.1 to 3.3, during the course
of routine upgrades. Also run:

"python-updater"

after compiling new or removing old version of
python. python is system *critical* so be cautious when performing
install/removal admin tasks on python.

hth,
James