Howdy,

I've read snippets that EAPI 6 will provide a mechanism for
follks to put patches directly into ebuilds. I'm not certain
(some discussion needed) that this will eliminated some ebuilds
from my /usr/local/portage  development repository.

However, now I'm learning and hacking on 2 different bleeding edge
technologies. Clusters (mesos, spark etc etc) and Java (maven etc etc).
I am but a "follwer" at this time on those two bleeding edge fronts.
But codes are release at multiple times during the day/week that I need
to test. So, in my limited understanding, EAPI 6 looks absolutely
wonderful.

So, since I'm only hacking at ebuilds for my own needs (currently
not able to produce anything that is not embarrashing) can I
start building ebuilds that use EAPI-6? I understand that it
is not finalized yet. But, if the user supplied patching is
at least workable, I'd rather get busy learning/testing those new
EAPI-6 tricks.

thoughts and comments and insight are most welcome.

James