On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 12:45:44PM +0100, Jorge Almeida wrote

> Just tried it, no difference. The point is that the same flags should
> yield similar results, and I'm getting the worst results on my Gentoo
> system.

  Grasping at straws now.  What are your CFLAGS and full USE flags?  I
suggest running the command...

emerge --info | grep "^\(CFLAGS\|USE\)"

  This captures default USE flags that aren't explicitly listed in your
make.conf.  Out of sheer curiusity, what sizes do you get if you use
"-O2"?  I believe that turns off loop-unrolling.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>