Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 03:04:46 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:

> > The more folks putting software into ebuilds and making them avaialbe,
> > either github or overlay (sunshine) the better off we all are.

> Or post them to bgo where they will hopefully get picked up by a dev or a
> layman overlay.

Since it is "QT" maybe. Here is mesos, I fixed: bgo 510912:: walt action ->
(from dev who put lxqt-0.8.0 together>

"When you'll have ebuild less or more prepared, you can ask for review on
sunrise irc channel: #gentoo-sunrise. Also you can ask for commit access to
the sunrise overlay: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Sunrise/How_to_commit

If you do not like sunrise overlay, I still recommend you ask there for
review, then I can help you with proxy-maintainment:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers "

>From what I can discern, a group of forward-thinking devs actually want
the user community to "step-up" and start building the easier ebuilds
our distro needs to be inclusive with the thousands of packages that
other distros have.

POWer_tools maintainer :: dev_da_walt ?

It's kind of fun, hacking at ebuilds :: the devs  have just got to
put in a bit more work to give users the tools, examples and support
we need to "get er done", imho.

hth,
James