On Friday 14 Nov 2014 18:53:13 Thanasis wrote:
> I have an APC SC620I, which in case of power failure, it successfully
> initiates a shutdown to the connected (via SMART cable) PC, but if the
> mains power returns, the UPS does not recycle the power to the PC, and
> consequently the PC stays off.
>
> Regardless if the mains power returns soon after the UPS has initiated a
> shutdown to the PC, shouldn't the UPS recycle the power anyway, so that
> the PC comes back on as set in BIOS?
>
> Am I missing something in the configuration or the daemons that should
> be running?
>
> (Running sys-power/apcupsd-3.14.8-r2)
>
> /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf folows:
>
> UPSNAME SC620I
> UPSCABLE smart
> UPSTYPE apcsmart
> DEVICE /dev/ttyS0
> LOCKFILE /var/lock
> SCRIPTDIR /etc/apcupsd
> PWRFAILDIR /etc/apcupsd
> NOLOGINDIR /etc
> ONBATTERYDELAY 6
> BATTERYLEVEL 20
> MINUTES 2
> TIMEOUT 0
> ANNOY 300
> ANNOYDELAY 60
> NOLOGON disable
> KILLDELAY 0
> NETSERVER on
> NISIP 192.168.0.1
> NISPORT 3551
> EVENTSFILE /var/log/apcupsd.events
> EVENTSFILEMAX 10
> UPSCLASS standalone
> UPSMODE disable
> STATTIME 600
> STATFILE /var/log/apcupsd.status
> LOGSTATS off
> DATATIME 0
> BATTDATE 10/17/11
> SENSITIVITY H
> WAKEUP 60
> SLEEP 180
> LOTRANSFER  208
> HITRANSFER 253
> RETURNCHARGE 45
> BEEPSTATE L
> LOWBATT 5
> OUTPUTVOLTS 230
> SELFTEST 336

I'm afraid I don't have an APC UPS to know its quirks, but in my case I have
these running:

upsd
upsdrv
upslog
upsmon

Is it that the UPS does not recycle the power, or is it that the PC does not
reboot after power is restored?  Does the PC reboot if you pull and reinsert
its mains plug?

WARNING:  don't just pull the plug in a fully working system to avoid fs
corruption - Press something r e i s u  in sequence while holding
Ctrl+Alt+SysRq and then pull the plug.  If the PC's BIOS is configured
correctly it should reboot as soon as you reconnect the mains supply to it.

Have a look here if you haven't seen this section already:

http://www.apcupsd.com/manual/manual.html#arranging-for-reboot-on-power-up

--
Regards,
Mick